Camps Sports & Excursions - Government Funding Application Form

Financial Assistance

The Victorian government has announced there will be a Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF), to ensure all eligible students are able to participate in school trips and sporting activities.

Parents or legal guardians are required to complete a CSEF application form and lodge it with their child’s school for processing.

If you hold a valid means-tested concession card or are a temporary foster parent, you may be eligible for CSEF. The allowance will be paid to the school to use towards expenses relating to camps, excursions, or sporting activities for the benefit of your child.

Shared Custody:

The CSEF system only allows one application per student.

Parents in shared custody situations are encouraged to make decisions as to who applies for the CSEF. Schools should not be put into the position of arbitrating in decisions such as this.

If the parents cannot decide between themselves who should apply, they should be encouraged to resolve the dispute through the Family Court, or contact the Department's CSEF Helpdesk for more information on 1800 060 970.

The annual CSEF amount per student will be:

$125 for primary school students

$225 for secondary school students.

How to Apply:

1. Contact the school office to obtain a CSEF application form; Or

2. download from the education website

Application forms should be completed and lodged with schools ASAP, as payments are made from March. 

However schools will be able to accept and process applications up until the end of term two each year.